Sunday, August 10, 2008

Over, Over

http://www.designrelated.com/inspiration/view/Karen/entry/2509

or you can see better photos on his website.

http://midwestisbest.com/work.php?category=3&item=128&image=456

Mike's new book hit the shelves recently, it's been pretty exciting to see the response it's been getting. It always feels kind of strange to see the work of someone you know getting a lot of attention from the design world. It's interesting for sure.

Yesterday I went to a barbecue with Dylan and Ali that his boss was having as an end of the summer sort of deal. It was great, a couple guys from Rad Mountain showed up as well as a lot of the guys from Athletics. So much talent in one backyard.

athleticsnyc.com
radmountain.com

I had to leave early to do my second to last day at the frozen monkey in Hoboken, and fantastic reverse commute from Hoboken to Brooklyn at one o clock in the morning. I live to complain.

My time with mike is over, i think thats what I sat down to blog about. It's been a great summer and I feel like the internship has done wonders for me. I feel a lot more motivated to create now and I'm getting anxious to get back into the swing of things.

Awesome photobooth quality picture of me with some of the edition of 100 zines i finished up this week as my final project. I'll have real pictures up some day. Mike paid for the printing and I spent a good two days folding taping and stapling them together but they are probably my favorite thing I've done in a long time, design-wise.

My flight is out of JFK on thursday at 7 am. I think I may just head there late wednesday night so I dont have to deal with the train system at 4 in the morning. I threw away one of my bags and condensed down to one suitcase, one backpack and my computer. For that being everything I own within 500 miles, I think thats a pretty good amount.

four days in the city, then its home for a breath and a leap across the ocean to red light districts and city canals and cafes called bars and buildings older than 100 years. New Yorks been dandy but im ready to jet.

Hope everyone is swell.

No comments: