Sunday, December 14, 2008

nothing, really.

The Tiber river flooded and the docked boat that i pass every day on the way to school was destroyed by debris. It floats diagonally in the toxic water.

there is a whole generation of girls growing up with nylon magazine and the train wreck celebrities of youth and are learning their tricks. drink heavily and smoke cigarettes because it makes a good photo, not for any pleasure you might get out of it. the more out of control you appear, the better you are.

ive discussed it with dylan and our iowa state instruction in graphic design has dissolved into absolute nothingness. it is more detrimental to my learning to be in class next to a professor who only gossips and youtubes and breaks concentration. everything i learn, i learn from designers and artists who are thousands of miles away from me.

a man at the girona airport informed me that i cant do online checkin if i am an american citizen. he told me i had to pay twenty euros before i could get my boarding pass. I said the fee should have only been ten euros like on the website. Everything is more expensive at the airport he said. He gave me the bill to pay at a seperate window and i threw it away. I went to the clerk four desks down from him and told him i needed to check in. he told me i had to pay ten euros before i could get my boarding pass. i did so and flew home.


V

No comments: